“Mr. Weiner’s name has been the source of endless jokes over the last ten days, and his activities certainly invite ridicule. But the seriousness of this type of behavior and its lasting ramifications are no joke." ~ RedState.com
As a mom, what matters to you? This is probably a good time to discuss and reinforce values with our kids. If we don't, they may absorb their views from TV or their peers.
Today I want to talk to my kids and remind them of a few things that matter to me. I'm not sure yet, but we might talk about stuff like:
- Be true to yourself, your faith, your family, and your country.
- Be a person of honesty and integrity.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Don’t blame others if you make a mistake.
- Apologize when you do wrong. Then pay the price to make things right.
- Safeguard your reputation. Nothing is private on the internet. It's a permanent record.