In his 11 minute speech, Ambassador Bolton advocated a Ronald Reagan approach to foreign policy and listed some key elements that made President Reagan's foreign policy successful:
- Be proud to be an American.
- Preserve American sovereignty. Protect our Constitution and constitutional freedoms.
- Oppose international treaties and agreements that weaken or supersede the Constitution.
- Seek peace through strength. Keep our economy strong. Invest in our national defense.
- Trust in the American people, not our enemies. Respect our allies.