By: Shawn Mitchell
This lunacy about Russia is so rich! What has Trump done for Russia?
- Moved to increase US petroleum production, a policy that will put Russia in a vice?
- Told Western Europe to spend more money on its own defense to be a counterweight on its own continent?
Now, by comparison, what did Obama do for Russia?
- He sent Hillary with that absurd "reset button" to grovel.
- He mocked Romney for calling Russia a geopolitical threat.
- He asked Medvedev to relay to Putin that after his last election, he could "be more flexible."
- He abruptly and unilaterally canceled long promised missile defense installations and humiliated Poland and the Czech Republic.
- He stood aside and invited Putin to assume a dominant role in Syria and the Middle East.
How on earth can critics accuse Trump of aiding Russia by his glib rhetoric about Putin being a strong leader, while totally ignoring everything Obama did to elevate Russia above the US in strategic global influence?