Do You Like the Way He Spent the Last Trillion?
* He makes a great speech.
* He makes big promises.
* We believe him.
* We give him what he asks for.
And we get:
* Government growth, bureaucracy, and regulation
* Payback and empowerment of unions and Obama cronies
* Massive unemployment
* Skyrocketing debt
* Many other ongoing nightmares
Colorado State Senator Shawn Mitchell summarized President Obama’s Job Speech this way:
"I spent a trillion borrowed dollars on non-existent 'shovel-ready' projects and aid to state and local governments. It didn't put people back to work. Now I want to spend a half trillion borrowed dollars on shovel-ready projects and aid to state and local government. It will work! If you're skeptical, you're putting politics before the economy and our nation's good. And you want to expose children to mercury. Stop playing politics. Good night. God bless America."
Just about everyone in America is eager for a renewed economy.
Some think the answer is more government intervention. Bigger Government.
Others believe bad government policies are largely responsible for the bad economy, and the way government can help is to:
* Cut crippling government mandates.
* Eliminate unreasonable government regulations.
* Stop interfering and creating an environment of uncertainty that handicaps job creators.
* Let businesses keep their hard-earned money so they can put it back to work.
I believe government can help best by staying out of the way. Government doesn't create jobs. Our president and many in Congress have never created jobs. Some have never even held a job in the private sector. Many don't have a clue how the economy really works. And they are trying to tell businesses what to do.
Government should get out of the way and let the real job creators get to work.
Are You Scared Yet?
What Is a Trillion?