Looking for something meaningful to read, watch, or do for Thanksgiving?
Here are some helpful resources...
- The Pilgrims Depart from the Old World
- Pilgrims Arrive in the New World
- The Mayflower Compact
- Stories of the Pilgrims
- Plimoth.org: Just for Kids
- Five Kernels of Corn
- George Washington’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Abraham LIncoln’s Thanksgiving Proclamation
- Thanksgiving Quotations
- Paying the Price to Be True
- Work together to prepare your Thanksgiving feast and to clean up afterwards.
- Do something nice for a military family and tell them how thankful you are for them.
- Make or draw "We Are Thankful for You" posters or pictures and deliver them to friends and neighbors. Kids love to make it an anonymous surprise. Tape the picture to the front door or on the windshield of a car, ring the doorbell, and run.
- Take pictures of things you are thankful for and make a "Gratitude Scrapbook."
- The Pilgrims and Indians had friendly competitions. You could participate in the local Turkey Trot, play games like catch, football, horseshoes, or frisbee golf. Some families watch football.
- Make Pilgrim Hats and Indian Headdresses for the kids.
- Do the Five Kernels of Corn activity.
- Make a Gratitude Craft.
- Do some Plimoth.org: Just for Kids Activities.
- Do some Apples4theTeacher.com Activities.
- Choose an activity from the William Bradford Resource and Activity Book.