His remarks last five minutes and give significant information about our immigration situation.
Some in the senate hope to rush the bill through before the American people know what is in it, but Officer Crane has serious reservations about the bill. Eleven of his concerns are listed below.
- This legislation guarantees legal status for millions of illegal immigrants, nothing more.
- It does not begin to solve our nation’s immigration problems.
- It does not guarantee stronger enforcement on our nation’s interior or its borders.
- It ignores the problems that caused our current system to fail.
- Americans were denied the ability to effectively study the bill and give input.
- The legislation was crafted behind closed doors with the input of big business, unions, hispanic activist groups, and groups that will make millions from this legislation.
- Anyone with a different view of immigration reform was prohibited from giving input.
- American citizens working as law enforcement officers within our nation’s broken immigration system were purposefully excluded from the process and prohibited from providing input.
- Since 2008, President Obama has ignored many of the immigration laws enacted by Congress. Obama and his agencies apply The Dream Act to jail inmates who commit felonies, assault officers, and prey on children.
- The bill gives far great control to the United States President and the Department of Homeland Security, who have consistently refused to enforce U.S. immigration laws.
- Aliens are already engaged in sophisticated illegal activities that make this system obsolete.