Telling stories to teach the lessons of history, Bill Federer illustrates the extreme danger of concentrating too much power in the hands of a few uncontrolled rulers.
Bill notes the great wisdom of our Founding Fathers in creating a separation of powers to prevent the problems that invariably attend a too-powerful government.
And he tells stories of other nations where crises were created for the very purpose of wresting wealth and power from the people. Many die and much is destroyed.
As you listen to these tragic tales, you can't help but see parallels between our day and the days in which empires of the past were seized by rulers with too much power.
George Santayana warns us that "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
This video is a much-needed eye opener. Please pass it on! We have work to do!
Suppose you were an enemy, bent on the destruction of America. What would you do? How would you do it?
In less than five minutes this video portrays a clear path to America’s demise. The picture it paints is painfully familiar.
Please watch and LIKE to pass it on!
- Start with energy. Cut off America’s supply of cheap, abundant energy.
- Make Americans feel guilty about the energy they use at home, and in the workplace.
- Make energy as expensive as possible.
- Empower unaccountable bureaucrats to outlaw cheap, abundant sources of energy.
- Empower unelected bureaucrats to dictate to the American people how to live their lives.
- Celebrate those who preach environmental austerity but live a lavish lifestyle in private.
- Teach American children to feel guilty about the American way of life.
- Don’t teach kids about the greatness of America or the free enterprise system.
- Don’t give children the knowledge and skills they need to be successful.
- Ridicule people who are successful.
- Make it impossible for businesses to do their work.
- Empower unelected bureaucrats to bully people who own or want to create businesses.
- Create countless new complicated regulations that are impossible to learn and comply with.
- Invent false markets and criticize successful ones.
- Make it so new businesses never have a chance.
- Make it easier to fail than to succeed.
- Use class warfare and divisive rhetoric.
- Cause crises and create concerns that allow you to control every aspect of citizens’ lives.
- Take away private property rights. Force homeowners to comply with unreasonable rules.
- Make Americans pay for your destructive agenda.
- Exploit the decency and goodness of average Americans.
- Convince them your agenda is all for the greater good.
The Bailout Bubble
"The financial storm that has rocked the world began brewing in the US when congress pushed the idea of home ownership for all, propping up those who couldn't make the down payments.
When it all went wrong the government promised the biggest financial stimulus packages in history and gargantuan bailouts. But what crazed logic is that: propping up debt with more debt? 'They're giving alcohol to a drunk: it just sets him up for a bigger hangover.'"
Many of us are concerned about what is happening to America and wondering what we can do to make a difference. This video tells about artist Jon McNaughton’s response to that question.
As we watch, let’s each ask, “What can I do to make a difference?”
The answer to that question will be unique for each one of us. But if we each do our part and rely on God to make up the difference when we fall short, America can be restored to the liberty, peace, and prosperity that come from living good and virtuous lives and adhering to Constitutional principles of government.
The Little Chapel That Stood
Looking for a meaningful story to share with your family on 9/11?
Here it is on video! The message of "The Little Chapel That Stood" is that America is a great nation.
Terror is temporary and does not stay, but the freedom and the courage of the American people are extraordinary and abiding. Enjoy!
(The actual story begins at 7:43. If you want to skip to it, click to start the video, then click 7:43 on the time bar.)